Thursday, March 10, 2011

Peter Reinhart on bread

Do you know about TED?  TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is a non-profit devoted to ideas worth spreading. It's kind of hard to explain TED - they host a couple conferences each year where the speakers, "the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers," are challenged to offer inspiring, thought provoking talks, in 18 minutes or less.

The short videos found at the TED website inform me and inspire me. I found this one recently Peter Reinhart on Bread. Reinhart is master bread-maker, teacher & theologian. who talks about the process of bread becoming bread. This talk reminded me that bread is more than just yeast, flour and water - it's a process of transformation.

I hope you like it, if it doesn't inspire you to bake bread perhaps you'll be a just a bit happier the next time you eat some.

No comments:

Post a Comment